We had a great ultrasound today of our little bambino!! I drank the required 2 glasses of water 1 hour prior and was definitely feeling the pressure by the time I got on the exam table. The tech took 2 pictures of the baby and said, "Wow! I'm not sure baby's head could be any lower. You can go use the bathroom - you must be dying". After a much needed pee, she got down to work taking pictures of the little one.
As far as they can tell, baby is weighing 6 pounds 14 oz right now. I had to laugh because I said to Alan just yesterday, "You wait - I bet the baby is already 7 pounds" and he did the usual eye roll and said, "Yeah, whatever". What this means is that the baby is measuring about a week and a half ahead of "normal" development but nothing catastrophic that we should be concerned about. The rest is a healthy amount of amniotic fluid. Other than that, the tech couldn't really say much from a medical standpoint - I'll get the full results from the doctor when I see her on Tuesday. What we were able to see were some really cool 4D pictures of the little one.
I know I am biased already but even the two techs in the room (they were training on new equipment) thought she was pretty cute. She's got chubby cheeks (they actually have a special setting that they use for "chubby babies" to capture the full width of their pudgy little faces) and a flat little nose. We were able to see ears, lips, fingers, toes & a full facial profile. I've been feeling little feet (completely with toes) protruding out of the belly for about a week now (which is why I was convinced that she was already 7 pounds) but it was something else to see a face. Needless to say, it was an awesome experience.
Isabelle thought the whole thing was pretty cool too. The tech let her move the wand around my belly and take a few pictures. (She caught the baby playing "Peek a Boo" and covering up her face. Kyla was more concerned about a hang nail on her pinky toe than the ultrasound. I seem to remember a similar experience with Isabelle when I was pregnant with Kyla. Hee hee.

No comments:
Post a Comment