Sunday, July 5, 2009

Glad to be Home



On Friday, the girls and I returned home from camping at Rocky Mountain House. Although we had a great time, everyone was happy to be back to their own beds, running water, the little dogs and of course, Daddy.
This past trip (10 nights gone) was the most significant time that I have spent up at Wilderness Village since we purchased the membership and I have to say, I was quite impressed. It really is a 5 Star RV Resort as opposed to a regular campground. Wandering around, there is not a single site that I would consider to be "bad" and there is so much to do that it's amazing any of the kids get bored. The resort employs two full-time program staff for the entire summer so there are ongoing activities for the kids from morning to night - everything from crafts to sports to scavenger hunts. In addition to this, there are Bingo nights twice a week for adults and a family pancake breakfast every Sunday morning. If you are not interested in organized activities, there are two swimming pools, three hot tubs, a petting zoo/pony ride/trail ride/wagon ride area and a huge playground. There are also walking/biking trails that go for KMs around the area. Finally, the resort is a 2 minute drive from Crimson Lake which has a nice, sandy roped off area for swimming & playing in the lake. I can see us spending much more time there in the future when the kids are a bit older (and able to participate in more organized activities) and when I am a less pregnant (and able to move around a trailer a bit easier). For now, it was a great way for me to spend some time with the girls before the chaos of a new baby arrives.

1 comment: