Yesterday, I picked up Isabelle from school and with the truck already packed up, I headed up to Rocky Mountain House to the RV Resort where our trailer is stored. It was raining something fierce when I left Calgary but the weekend forecast for RMH looked better than Calgary so I wasn't worried. (Alan had school Friday & Saturday so my intention was to bring the kids home Sunday morning).
When I arrived at RMH, it was still raining but only lightly and I was happy to see that they were able to tow the trailer out to the spot right beside where I requested. After a minor incident with my electrical box (and some help from the friendly RV Resort people), the trailer was as ready as it was going to be for the night. At the moment, our trailer is still winterized so the whole purpose of this trip was to flush out the lines & make sure all propane tanks, etc. were good to go. (So for the first night, I knew that our only source of heat would be a small space heater we keep in the trailer for shoulder season camping).
This morning (Saturday), the kids were up at 7am when Isabelle happily announced that it has snowed overnight! I came prepared for wet weather - rainboots & raincoats - but I wasn't expecting snow. After watching the snow fall while eating breakfast, I decided to pack up the crew, leave de-winterizing for another day and head home. I am brave enough to take 2 children camping by myself while 7 months pregnant with plans to de-winterize a trailer that has remained dormant for the past two years but really, I'm not crazy enough to do it in the snow without hats, gloves & snowsuits for the kids. :)
Despite the unexpected change in plans, the girls and I had a fun time and can't wait to get back up to the trailer (when hopefully the weather is a bit warmer!).

You are my hero!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a crazy adventure!
ReplyDelete