Thursday, June 11, 2009

8 Weeks to Go!

I had my 32 week prenatal check today and everything looks normal. Baby's head is definitely down and her heartbeat is a consistent 145 bpm. Two nights ago, I started to have a strange tingling in my hand (like pins & needles) on the left side that then moved up my arm to my face & tongue (kinda the feeling you have when the freezing is coming out after a visit to the dentist - but only on the one side). Figuring that baby was pinching a nerve (it had been a busy, stressful day), I walked around the house a bit, had a warm shower and then stretched for awhile. All of the tingling went away within about 20 minutes. I mentioned it to the doctor today and he said that it could have been a pinched nerve but he would check with Neurology at the hospital just to make sure. He said that tingling in the hands (up to the elbow) is likely carpal tunnel syndrome - pretty normal for late pregnancy but if the tingling went any further again that I was to call him right away - regardless of the time. Although I am a bit worried that something more is going on, it's nice to know that something I wasn't even going to mention to the doctor was taken so seriously.

1 comment:

  1. I read this and though... 8 weeks to go? What the heck!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete