Friday, May 29, 2009

Prenatal Check

Today I had my 30 week prenatal check-up and everything is looking good. My blood pressure is fine, baby's heartbeat is a strong & clear 145 bpm and by all accounts, things look good. When the doctor first came in, though, the first thing he said was, "You are looking much more pregnant than you were two weeks ago". When he measured my belly, I am measuring where I should be at 34 weeks rather than 30 weeks. He said if this pace continues, we will likely do an ultrasound at 36 weeks just to make sure that the baby isn't too large. Given that I measured large with both Isabelle & Kyla (who were both "normal" weight), neither of us are too worried. It's just nice to have some scientific proof (ie. an actual measurement) to go along with the increasing number of comments I have had lately that go something like . . . . Are you sure it is only one? . . . . or . . . . Really, you still have two months left to go?

2 comments:

  1. You poor thing! A friend at work had her 3rd last December and she was 'big' the entire pregnancy...and the baby was 10lb5oz...so he certainly didn't disappoint!! Hang in there...and when people say stuff you should have a mean/snappy reply to shoot back at them..it'll make you feel better - and you can get away with it because you are 1000 weeks pregnant;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Makes for fabulous profile shots. You are such a healthy looking pregnant momma! With great arms! :)

    ReplyDelete