Thursday, April 2, 2009

100 Days of Hell

April 1st marked the first day of what is known in the Queen's MBA program as the "100 Days of Hell". I think it is probably more like 120 days but that doesn't sound as catchy. It starts April 1st and goes right up until Alan goes to Kingston again at the end of July.
What's so different from the normal grind that we've gotten used to?
From now until the end of July, Alan has an assignment (team or individual) due nearly every week and of the two off weekends each month, one Saturday now has an exam scheduled. Oh yeah, and they start two more (new) courses toward the end of the month.
Our strategy???
Not sure exactly yet but I think our Monday to Friday is in pretty good shape. The big change will come over the weekend when Alan will need to step it up a bit. Soccer starts at the end of the month so I wasn't going to enroll the kids in anything for the spring but I might change that just to keep us busy (and get everyone out of the house so it is quiet) at least for one morning on the weekend.

1 comment:

  1. At least it's 100 and not 1000!!! Maybe you can use this to teach Isabelle how to count down from 100...actually you know, 100 days doesn't sound too bad (stay positive). Did I mention I cannot believe you're having another girl...yikes...what is in the water in Calgary:) Congrats - and at least you have all the clothes you'll ever need:)

    ReplyDelete