Although I would have been delighted if it was a boy, I'm very excited that it is another girl - kinda takes some of the guess work out of it - we already have the clothes, the entire playroom is pink & purple and we have lots of great girl names to choose from.
Isabelle is pretty excited too!! She was in the room for the ultrasound and the tech did a great job of stopping the video so she could see the head, hands & feet. When she heard she was going to have another sister, she jumped up and down and said, "Yea!!". Kyla sat on Alan's lap still clueless to the whole thing. :)
WAIT!! In all of the excitement of announcing a girl, I forgot to mention the medical stuff. There was only one baby (whew!!), she was moving lots (duh, I could have told them that) and her heartbeat was a steady 148 (consistent with all of my check-ups so far). The tech estimated her to be about 1 pound in size which I think is a bit on the large side (websites all estimate that at 20 weeks, baby should be about 10 oz) but the doctor will review everything at my next check-up. The only odd point is that right now, the umbilical cord is lying against my belly instead of against my back but again, I'll review this with my doctor at my check-up in the next few weeks.

For some reason I'm shocked! :) Congrats!
ReplyDeleteThat is great news!
ReplyDeleteAlthough Isabelle and I knew it was a girl - I'm still in shock that you will have 3 girls! I'm going to have to become very creative with gifts for the niece that will have everything!
ReplyDelete