Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Pull-Ups and Washers Don't Mix

Isabelle has been wearing Pull-Ups overnight for some time now. Despite going right before bed, getting up overnight and going first thing in the morning, her pull-ups are still occasionally wet in the morning. I figure this is no big deal. She'll make the jump when she is ready - we'll just continue to help her along.
However, Isabelle has been extremely independent in getting dressed by herself each morning which includes putting her PJ's into her laundry hamper. In the past, she has been great about putting her used Pull-Up in the garbage BEFORE putting her PJ's in the hamper but I guess this week she slipped up a bit. I pulled a couple of Pull-Ups out of the hamper while loading the washer but I guess I missed one. What a mess!! For those that have never had the privilege, when diapers get excessively wet, they turn into a jelly mess which ended up all over the entire load. I decided to put the clothes in the drying (hoping to counter-act the process), run the washer through an empty rinse & spin cycle (to clean it out) and then wash the clothes again. The second wash is happening right now so I'll keep you posted on how it goes.

1 comment:

  1. Oh oh oh....I wish I kept up with my blog reading on a more regular basis!! The trick to counteract this messy mess is to run the load again with a 1/4 cup or more of salt...the salt makes the jelly go away and your clothes get washed (I then run the load a 3rd time to make sure the salt is all gone). It happened to me one time...and I feel your pain!! I've heard OxyClean works as well - but I haven't tried it.

    ReplyDelete