Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Security Check

I imagine that many of you are wondering just what the heck is going on with the security features of my blog. To be honest, I originally set the "by invitation only" up to prevent certain individuals from being able to "keep up" with the kids on a regular basis and as a result, make little attempt to physically spend time with them.
Then I received the most wonderful letter from Australia. . . . .
As some of you may know, Alan has an aunt, uncle and a few cousins living in Australia. I have been corresponding with his cousin's wife and each Christmas, we exchange small gifts for the kids (they have a son who is a year older than Isabelle). Isabelle has come to know Bradley as her "Aussie Cousin" and loves the pictures and notes that they send. The latest thank-you note from Australia included a picture of Bradley looking in amazement at the pictures that I had sent to them of the girls, along with a cute note. As I got goosebumps over the connection that I have formed with someone who I have never met, it hit me . . . . .
By trying to keep out those who show little interest in being part of the kids lives, I am making it more difficult for those who DO. And thus, the "by invite only" has been lifted from the site and will remain off.
I will likely struggle with those who love the IDEA more than the reality of being a part of our lives and having things "equal". Such is life!!

1 comment:

  1. Security or no I am glad to get to read your blog :)

    ReplyDelete