We are now waiting on tile and carpet to come in. The cabinet framing is done but the drawers are being stained (off-site). Once the carpet & tile are done, it will be onto the last-minute touches. The devil is always in the details so I expect that we will be mid-April before completion of construction. Then we will still need to move furniture back from the storage locker, get Alan's office furniture installed and have the furnace cleaned, etc. So much for being finished by Mexico (which is mid-March).
I've said all along that one benefit of a slow project is that you are able to change your mind midstream. Well, today, we decided that instead of laminate counter tops, we would like to go for granite. The counter-top space is pretty small so really, cost wise (especially in relation to the entire project), it seemed a no-brainer to us. We will be meeting with someone next week to pick out granite and get it ordered asap. I am hoping that it won't take too long to come in - it would be really nice to be finished before this baby arrives (considering I wasn't even pregnant when the project started!).

No comments:
Post a Comment