Yesterday was a particularly busy day for all of us . . . . .
Observations
Isabelle's school has been doing classroom observations this week and last and we were able to leave Kyla with a friend (thanks Sparky!) for an hour or so to watch her class. It was so cool. I was amazed at how busy the kids were - quietly moving from one task to the next. I was also really impressed with the guides as they were able to give individual attention when needed and just observe when not needed. It was fantastic. As a kid who grew up in Montessori, Alan recognized some (but not all) of the materials that the kids were using.
Heartbeats
I had no sooner picked up Kyla to drop her back home (Alan had the afternoon off) and I was off to my first official (read: physical exam) prenatal appointment. I'm right around 13 weeks pregnant so the doctor warned that we might not be able to pick up a heartbeat (and not to worry if we couldn't) but behold - there it was - loud and clear. It gives me a bit of a chill & thrill every time! So cool to actually hear the heartbeat of another tiny person growing inside you. Makes the extreme exhaustion feel a little more worthwhile.

yay! :)
ReplyDelete