Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Everyday Stories

I originally started this blog to share/record/write about everyday things in our lives. I think I have gotten away from that a bit so here are a few funny stories over the last couple of days . . . .
CORN
So last night we had a "corn feast" for dinner. When the Taber corn comes out in season, we will buy a dozen or so, cook them up, and pretty much just eat corn for dinner. After dinner, Kyla reported to me that she had a stinky diaper and needed a change (yep, potty training took a bit of a regression when Kendra came home but more everyday stories on that to come). When changing her, I said, "Yikes Kyla! What are we feeding you?" To which Kyla replied, "Corn, Mommy!"
Are They All Yours?
When I was pregnant with Kendra, a friend of mine (who has 4 children of her own, including twins) warned me that people would start asking, "Are they all yours?" Sure enough, I was taking all three girls into a store when the nice guy who held the door open for us said, "Are they all yours?" I couldn't believe it!! I've never really thought of 3 kids as a large family (probably because Alan is one of three) but apparently we now fit the criteria. :)
Anything
I am constantly impressed with Kyla's language given how young she is. Even still, she manages to get things muddled a bit sometimes. Yesterday while nursing Kendra, Kyla left the room and was a quiet for just a bit too long. When I asked her what she was doing, instead of replying, "Nothing", she said, "Anything" - a sure sign that she was up to something.

No comments:

Post a Comment