I'm not sure if I mentioned it before but I've started taking a photography class on Tuesday nights. The course is just for 6 weeks but each week, you learn a new feature (or two) on a digital SLR and then have homework to practice working with the features. The course is through the University of Calgary and a few of the students are actually taking the course as credit toward a visual arts degree.
This week's homework was to catch a dog in mid-air, moving quickly and only focus on the dog at short range (ie. the background should be blurry). Not an easy feat when your dogs are only about 3 inches from the ground. This is what I was able to come up with (after many out-takes, of course). Gipper's face is a bit blurry but for a novice, I don't think it's too bad.

Great job, the picture turned out great.
ReplyDeleteCool!
ReplyDelete